Movie: Maundy Thursday | france Lee's Blog franceLeeable

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Movie: Maundy Thursday



Maundy Thursday is one of the most heart aching Korean film I have watched so far. As far as I know, this is the only film that made me cry non stop until the end of the movie. I usually stopped crying after I let out a few tears, but this one really got me. I wasn't prepared for the ending.




Synopsis

Yoo Jung is considered a suicidal patient after having 3 failed suicide attempts. She hates her mother so much to a point that she would even asked her to die. Her Aunt who is a nun asked her to accompany her to visit an inmate who's last wishes is to meet Yoo Jung. There, she met Yoon Soo, a convicted murderer who also wishes to die like her.

Both are very indifferent towards each other a first, but as they unravel all the secrets why they wanted to die, they start to appreciate each other and sees the world more different then before. And without knowing, the two fell in love, but is love enough to heal each others heartaches? Will love be of help?




Thoughts

All I can say is, both Kang Dong Won and Lee Na Young portrayed their roles perfectly. They were able to give the perfect image of 2 suffering souls. At first the plot was a little, but as things starts to clear up, filling all the missing blanks, its starting to get more and more interesting. the bittersweet ending was so much to me, that I need to watch a sooooooo funny movie to calm me. The last revelation from Yoon Soo just crushed my heart, that I want to click the pause button, but I couldn't.

It was indeed a great movie and very much worth my time! You can watch it here.





xoxo



No comments: